The perfect breakfast treat, without all the refined sugar and butter. Only 6 ingredients and under 30 minutes, it also makes an excellent idea for a post-cardio snack, providing enough carbohydrates to replenish the muscle glycogen after prolonged aerobic exercise.
3 medium ripe bananas mashed
2 cups rolled oats
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat your oven at 180 degrees (or 350° F). Lightly grease a 9x5 loaf pan and set aside.
2. Blend the oats till they become powdered like flour, add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth and well combined.
3. Pour the batter into the loaf pan. If you have any extra bananas, you can top the batter with a banana sliced in half or get creative by adding some chocolate chips or a bit of peanut butter.
4. Bake for 30-40 minutes (insert a toothpick in the centre to check if it baked; if it comes out clean, your banana bread is ready)
4. Leave it to the side to cool down, remove from the pan and enjoy!
Nutrition facts (per 1 slice): 142 calories, 26g carbohydrates, 5g protein, 2.5g fat