The perfect chocolate treat, without all the refined sugar and butter. Only 5 ingredients and the craziest combination of avocado and coconut, making these energy ball super creamy and tasty. Excellent for supporting memory and brain function (during exam preparation for example), due to the coconut oil and fats it contains.
1 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 medium ripe avocado
3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
2 tablespoons honey
50 g dark chocolate
1. In a mixing bowl mash the avocado with a fork
2. Add the desiccated coconut, honey and 2 tablespoons of the coconut oil and using your hands mix well
3. Shape mixture into small balls and put in the fridge to firm for about 1 hour
4. Place a bowl over a pot of simmering water and add the chocolate in pieces and the remaining coconut oil. Stir with a spatula till all chocolate is melted. (bain marrie technique)
5. Dip the energy balls in the melted chocolate and set on the side for the coating to get firm. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition facts (per 1 ball): 155 calories, 6g carbohydrates, 1.5g protein, 12g fat